Monday, October 31, 2011

Where Do You Blog?

Where is your computer? Where do you blog or surf the Internet from? Are you totally mobile so you can WIFI with your laptop from anywhere in the house?

When I bought my house in 2006, one of the features I liked was the office. It is on the main floor just down the hall from the front door and great room. It could possibly be called a den or bonus room, but it really is an office. The previous owner wired the house during construction with a computer network and router. The office contains several data ports as well as multiple phone and TV outlets. He ran a small business from the office.

I like my office. It reminds me of my working days, a place where I can work from and be surrounded by books, reference material and personnel mementos. I spend way too much time here. Some people might consider a desktop computer as "old school", but I wanted the stability and size that it offered. I also have laptops and can WIFI throughout the house or hardwire to the network.

My office is pretty cluttered right now. I have been using my "file by pile" method and need to clean up some.

One blogger criticized me once when I referred to my home theater. He said that it really is a "man cave". Since I am single and only share my house with a cat, my entire house is my "man cave" and I can label the rooms as needed: office, home theater, exercise room, etc.

 My (currently) cluttered office. This is where I blog from most of the time. With two windows, there is a lot of natural lighting. My cat likes to snooze on top of the hutch above the monitor when he isn't climbing on top of the bookcases or curled up around the legs of my chair.
My ego wall. 
The other corner with marble topped counter, shelving, stereo, TV, printer, scanner, copier and FAX.

No comments: